Caps Lock Is On
Form Errors
 
Close
X
Bunge North America
Nutrien
TC Energy
CHS & CHS Foundation
John Deere
Farm Credit
Bayer
Enbridge
Alliance Pipeline
Quick Facts About the Program
Statistics on Childhood Agricultural Injuries and Fatalities
 
2019 Projected Safety Days Information
Note: Due to unforeseen circumstances that can affect community events, some of the following numbers will change periodically.
  • More than 400 Progressive Agriculture Safety Days® are planned in 39 states, 9 Canadian Provinces, and American Samoa.
  • These Safety Days could reach 104,000 participants with the help of 25,000 adult and older teen volunteers.
  • 496 coordinators and 18 guests were trained at one of the following:
    • 21 face-to-face training sessions in the U.S.
    • 7 face-to-face training sessions in Canada
    • 6 on-line webinar trainings
  • 2019 is the:
    • 25th year of the program in the United States
    • 18th year in Canada
    • 14th year in American Samoa
2018 Safety Days Information
  • 380 Progressive Agriculture Safety Days® held in 38 states, 8 Canadian Provinces, and American Samoa
  • 78,634 participants
  • Age of participants
    • 82% were ages 8 to 13
    • 15% were younger than 8
    • 3% were teens or adults
  • Special audiences
    • 2% were Anabaptist (Amish, Hutterite, Mennonites, etc.)
    • 0.2% were migrant children
  • 80% of the safety days were held as school events, with the other 20% being held for the entire community
  • Local support:
    • 18,143 volunteers worked 138,632 hours which has a value of $3,422,824
    • 6,113 local sponsors including individuals, businesses or organizations made $521,062.11 in cash donations and contributed more than $1,784,400 worth of in-kind donations in 2018
Top lessons taught at 2018 Progressive Agriculture Safety Days®:
  1. Electricity Safety reached a total of 65,229 participants and volunteers
  2. Fire Safety reached a total of 64,152 participants and volunteers
  3. ATV Safety reached a total of 54,226 participants and volunteers
  4. Chemical Safety reached a total of 50,563 participants and volunteers
  5. First Aid Safety reached a total of 49,549 participants and volunteers
  6. Animal Safety reached a total of 47,843 participants and volunteers
  7. Water Safety reached a total of 45,098 participants and volunteers
  8. Firearm Safety reached a total of 40,099 participants and volunteers
  9. Sun Safety reached a total of 37,882 participants and volunteers
  10. Tractor Safety reached a total of 37,230 participants and volunteers
  11. Lawn Equipment Safety reached a total of 37,163 participants and volunteers
  12. Grain Safety reached a total of 34,571 participants and volunteers
  13. First on the Scene reached a total of 34,100 participants and volunteers
  14. Farm Equipment Safety reached a total of 31,848 participants and volunteers
  15. Power Take-Off (PTO) Safety reached a total of 31,607 participants and volunteers
  16. Bicycle Safety reached a total of 31,184 participants and volunteers
  17. Underground Utilities Safety reached a total of 27,811 participants and volunteers
  18. Healthy Lifestyles reached a total of 26,258 participants and volunteers
  19. Food Safety reached a total of 25,157participants and volunteers
  20. Roadway Safety reached a total of 24,841 participants and volunteers
  21. Railroad Safety reached a total of 20,256 participants and volunteers
  22. Internet Safety reached a total of 16,580 participants and volunteers
  23. Substance Abuse reached a total of 15,521 participants and volunteers
  24. Wildlife Safety reached a total of 15,215 participants and volunteers
  25. Hearing Safety reached a total of 14,644 participants and volunteers
  26. Weather Safety reached a total of 13,963 participants and volunteers
  27. Outdoor Safety reached a total of 13,161 participants and volunteers
  28. Hand Tool Safety reached a total of 11,645 participants and volunteers
  29. Hidden Hazards reached a total of 11,289 participants and volunteers
  30. Home Alone reached a total of 7,674 participants and volunteers
  31. Propane Safety reached a total of 2,802 participants and volunteers
  32. Knife Safety reached a total of 2,477 participants and volunteers
  33. Other lessons including Outdoor Safety, Disaster Preparedness, Mental Health Awareness & Stress Management, Personal Protective Equipment, School & Bus Safety, Stranger Danger, Bullying, Drug & Alcohol Awareness, Ag Literacy and Silage Safety reached a total of 40,925 participants and volunteers
 
 
Historical Program Information (1995 through 2018)
Safety Days
Participants
Volunteers
Total Participants and Volunteers
States
Canadian Provinces
U.S. Territories
Individuals Trained to Conduct Safety days
Training Sessions
7,352
1,370,493
365,570
1,736,063
42
9
2
8,618
472
 
BBB Accredited Charity
Charity Navigator 3-Star Charity
Asmark Institute
Wordpress
LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube